The release of the next-generation Apple iPhone 11 has been confirmed to be just days away, with the online rumour mill churning around what updates and new features will be released in the expected incremental upgrade.
Release & order dates
Apple has confirmed its next launch event will be happening on September 10 at 10.00am PT (Pacific Time). The iPhone 11 is expected to replace the iPhone XR, while two of the iPhone 11 Pro models are expected to replace the iPhone XS and XS Max.
- iPhone 11 launch date: September 10, 2019
- iPhone 11 pre-order date: September 13, 2019
- iPhone 11 release date: September 20, 2019
Benefits and Features- what can we expect?
- Three cameras: All sources suggested the main change will be the camera upgrade. Expect three sensors on the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Max, and two on the iPhone 11R. Respected Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has weighed in on the topic to say that one of these lenses might be almost invisible, adding that the selfie camera will get a boost from 7MP to 12MP.
- Wide lens: Extra capability like a wide-angle lens would explain the extra size of the sensors.
- Wireless charging: Bloomberg notes that wireless charging capabilities are almost certain to continue. More importantly, the iPhone 11 is rumoured to include reverse wireless charging, which would allow your Airpods to charge on the back of the phone itself.
- Face ID: Is expected to be improved for the new iPhone 11 range, allowing it to work from wider angles.
- Storage: In terms of storage, one source says the range will offer 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities, while another points to 64GB, 256GB and 512GB.
- Shatter-resistant design: The new iPhones could offer more durable designs with a report of tougher shatter-resistant glass and even better water resistance.
- Screen: Smart Money suggests that the 5.8 inch screen will remain in the iPhone 11, while the max screen will also remain at 6.5 inches.
- Colours - Other sources speculate that the iPhone 11 is expected to come in space grey, gold, silver and blue.
- Apple Pencil: Apple's 2019 iPhone could be the first to support the Apple Pencil. So says a report from Citi Research, seen by Business Insider, which includes "support for iPhone pencil/stylus" in the list of features it's expecting to see in the iPhone 11.
One thing that is for sure with the iPhone 11, is that you're going to need reliable screen protection.
Predicted to launch at the same time as the iPhone 11, whose naming convention is similarly still yet to be confirmed, is the industry wipe-on protective coating, EFM LiquidNano.
The EFM LiquidNano provides the Ultimate in Mobile Screen Protection, providing your device screen with a breathable layer that is highly durable, heat tolerant, anti-microbial and has great non-stick properties. EFM LiquidNano also quotes the below specifications:
- Hydrophobic / Oleophobic - Increased water/oil resistance means that once LiquidNano is applied, the screen is much more resistant to dirt, smearing and fingerprints.
- Scratch Resistant - Often the single biggest complaint from consumers – scratching due to general wear and tear is dramatically reduced with 44% increase in scratch resistance.
- Environmentally Friendly - LiquidNano is environmentally friendly and completely non-toxic.
- Easy to Apply & 100% bubble free - LiquidNano as a DIY application is easily applied by rubbing on the liquid coating using an impregnated cloth.
- Increased Hardness - Creates a 9H protective layer on the screen, an increase of 30% in screen hardness.
- Single Application - LiquidNano is highly durable withstanding over 200,000 wipe actions and design to last the lifetime of most phones (2 years) under normal use.
- Impact Resistant - LiquidNano greatly enhances the impact resistance of the screen by 33% thereby helping to avoid cracked / damaged screens.
- Universal Application - LiquidNano can be applied to any mobile device, phone or tablet and flat or curved.
- Anti-Radiation - Blocks up to 80% of Y radiation
- Anti-Bacterial - Once applied, LiquidNano inhibits growth on glass.
- Lifetime Replacement Warranty included - LiquidNano is supplied with a ‘$250 ULTIMATE SCREEN PROTECTION GUARANTEE’
Diamond IT will closely watch the release and review of this product, ready to meet the needs of our customers.
Speak with our team to pre-order
To be one of the first to get your hands on the iPhone in your organisation, speak with our Carrier Service Solutions team, who are dedicated to understanding what’s new in the market, and can guide you to the most appropriate product and best value plan to suit your requirements.
Diamond's Carrier Solutions Specialists can assist with the new iPhone pre-order with or without a matching Telstra business mobile plan. To speak with our team, give us a call on 1300 307 907 or contact us via the form below.
Image 1 source: Future. Image 2 Source: MobileFun